- BOOK: Famous to Fifteen: Micro-celebrity, Social Media and the Politics of the Branded Self. Book-length manuscript in process.
|2013 (in process)|
- BOOK: Routledge Handbook of Social Media. Co-edited anthology with Jeremy Hunsinger. New York: Routledge: 2013. Our proposal available is here.
- CHAPTER: “Race, YouTube, and Sh*t People Say.” In Routledge Handbook of Social Media. Eds. Jeremy Hunsinger and Theresa Senft. Routledge: 2013. Pre-production draft is here.
- CHAPTER: “Affect and the Old Spice Guy: A Tale of Tactility and Distraction.” In Networked Affect. Eds. Ken Hillis and Sussanah Passonen. MIT Press: 2013. My proposal is here.
- CHAPTER: “Re-thinking Diasporic Media: Lessons from Post-Neda Iran,” with Sanaz Rajiv. This will appear in Digital Diasporas and Transnational Social Movements, edited by Radhika Gajalla. My proposal is here.
- CHAPTER: “Four Rooms.” In VOICE: Vocal Aesthetics in Digital Art and Media. Eds. Norie Neumark, Ross Gisbson, and Theo Van Leeuwen. MIT Press, 2010. PDF available here.
- ESSAY: “Microcelebrity, and Credit in an Attention Economy.” Essay commissioned by Berkman Center, Harvard University, Spring 2010. NOTE: For reasons connected to their web presence, this essay was never published, but you can read the PDF, here.
- BOOK: Camgirls: Celebrity & Community in the Age of Social Networks. Revised dissertation. New York: Peter Lang Publishers: 2008. PDF available here.
- TWENTY ARTICLES: Encyclopedia of New Media(Ed. Steve Jones, New York: Sage, 2003.) Contributed twenty articles to this project.
- CHAPTER: “Shockingly Tech-splicit: Orlan and the Politics of Shock in a Digital Age.” In Reload: Rethinking Women and Technology. Mary Flannagan, ed. Cambridge: MIT Press, 2002. PDF available here
- Newspaper essay: “Debating Reality: An Online Hoax is Not a Pox.” The New York TImes, June 14, 2001. Online here.
- Magazine essay: “Antwerp Perverts.” Nerve Magazine. PDF here.
- CHAPTER: “Baud Girls and Cargo Cults” In World Wide Web and Contemporary Theory. Thomas Swiss and Andrew Herman, Eds. New York: Routledge, 2000. PDF available here.
- BOOK: History of the Internet: A Chronology, 1843-Present. New York: ABC-Clio Publications. Co-authored text. 1999.
- ESSAY: “Dialing.” In Strategic Sex: Why They Can’t Keep it in the Bedroom. PDF available here.
- CHAPTER: “Spare Parts.” In The Ends of Performance. Peggy Phelan and Jill Lane, Eds. New York: New York University Press, 1997. PDF available here.
- JOURNAL ISSUE: “Sexuality and Cyberspace: Performing the Digital Body”. Special Issue of Women & Performance: A Journal of Feminist Theory. Winter 1996. Collection available here.
- CHAPTER: “Introduction” for “Sexuality and Cyberspace: Performing the Digital Body”. Special Issue of Women & Performance: A Journal of Feminist Theory. Winter 1996.
English PDF available here.
Spanish PDF available here.
- CHAPTER: “Modem Butterfly.” With Kaley Davis in Women and Performance: A Journal of Feminist Theory 17, Spring 1997. PDF available here.
- JOURNAL ARTICLE: Gayatri Spivak and the Dark Continent of French Feminism.” In Women and Performance: A Journal of Feminist Theory 14, Spring 1995. PDF available here.
- MAGAZINE ARTICLE. “Of Women and Dogs.” Stim, Spring 1995. PDF here.
- JOURNAL ARTICLE: “What’s Love Got to Do With It? Reading Linda/Les and Annie Through Lacan.” In Women and Performance: A Journal of Feminist Theory 11, Spring 1993. You can purchase a copy, here.